5.23.2010

Well bloggers...

I DID IT!!
I swam one mile without stopping, it took me 46 minutes and 27 seconds. I felt great! Hopped on the bike and rode for 2 hours and 15 minutes. In that ride I visited Coeur d’Alene, Post Falls, the Washington border, Rathdrum and Hayden. I had a protein bar with me I would eat intermittently, Gatorade and water as well. There were times on the bike I felt really fatigued but I found having some food did the trick. The hour run however was difficult!! The transition from bike to run was a struggle; I ended up walking for about ten minutes until my feet got back underneath me. Even then I was exhausted. I wish I would have had some sort gel or food to get some more carbs in me. I think that would have helped immensely. But I did it. I finished and other then being tired I feel great! It is such a wonderful feeling to know four weeks of training was leading up to this and I was there. So good to know I am where I need to be! Four weeks down, eight to go and I will be an Ironman!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray Ironwoman! I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a matter of hours now. You can do it, so excited and proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete