5.12.2010

# 383

In just over 2 weeks I am up 61 spots! Maybe by July 18th I will be in the event! I can't believe it has been a week since my last post. My goal was to try to post every other day. This training really does take over one's life.
This last week the training schedule has really stayed about the same. I was just looking at next week though and time and distances on each event start to climb. Not this weekend, but the next, I actually do all three events back to back to back. Can I say that is my first triathlon?
I have had some light-headedness and dizzy spells. I attribute them to nutrition so I will try to up my food intake a bit, and maybe try to get some more carbs in there. All this training sure makes dieting (or lack there of) fun! Really I do eat pretty healthily but don’t find myself feeling guilty at 8pm when I devour the chocolate doughnut Will surprised me with.
Other happenings in our household…20 days left of school. I took a summer job. We roasted smores in our backyard. Will is building me patio furniture. Finished the new Emily Giffin book, not my fave. And sunny walks with wine have resumed.
Please say a prayer for my SIL Katie who was admitted to the hospital today with a persistent kidney infection that won’t leave. Hopefully she will be out of there tomorrow and have smooth sailing for the remainder of this pregnancy.
I will leave you with this… One of my third graders comes back from the bathroom today and I notice he left his zipper down.
Me: Hey David you forgot to zip up your zipper.
David: No I didn’t.
Me: Look at it, its down.
David: I know. I didn’t forget, I knew it was down.
Me: Oh?? Well you are going to need to zip that. At school we can’t leave our zippers down.
David: But its broken, I broke it last week.
Me: Did you know this morning when you were putting those pants on the zipper was broken?
David: Yeah, I knowed. So did my mom and my brother.
Me: Ok well maybe we shouldn’t wear these pants anymore. Its not a good idea and kids may even tease you. We don’t want that do we?
David: No they won’t tease me, it won’t come out I tucked him in my underwear.

1 comment: