5.05.2010

Challanges

I am enjoying this. Did I really just admit that? I enjoy knowing that after about a year maybe two but who is counting I have awakened! No more hibernation, no more excuses just exercise. Though small I like seeing my body respond, I like the feeling of always being hungry knowing my metabolism is going, I truly like the workouts.
However, that being said I am being tested! In the last couple of years when I was tested and tired of getting up at 5:30 I have had a very simple solution, I quit. I am determined to change that this time. Yesterday I was tested and I failed. My alarm went off at 5:30 I slowly got out of bed snuck out of the room and to the bathroom. I think I can. I think I can. I think I can. I repeat as I put one leg into my swimsuit. I think I can, in goes the other leg. I think…well forget this as my vintage suit breaks. The strap had finally broken. I try to tie it to the other strap as a short term solution. And it truly was short term as it tied it the other strap broke too. I think of my options and decided I will just run this afternoon. Back to bed I went. I was so angry all day. I was up, I was out of bed! Why did I get back into bed? I consoled myself by remembering I was running in the afternoon. Well the afternoon greeted me with some kind of headache. In my medical opinion I think this is some form of dehydration, but it was a doozie. I didn’t run. I have been guilt ridden by this. Normally I would shrug it off no big deal, this time it is different.
I did make myself get off the couch to go buy a new swim suit and this morning when the alarm went off I got up and went to the pool! I get there to find a sign on the door saying special programming in progress pool closed. My heart sunk! I turned and headed to leave just as I got to the exit door though I thought I better go see what that sign is all about. I walked in there looking for a special program nope, just a life guard. I asked her if the pool was closed she said no but nobody has been in here all morning, she was curious where everyone was. I explained it might have something to do with sign. Oh no she said as she looked to see last nights sign on the door.
I know I will have slip ups and days that don’t exactly adhere to the schedule but the true test is how I respond to those challenges. So tonight I am back on the bike (my least favorite event) but I am not letting my one day off track turn into another hibernation period! This is all part of my uphill course.

1 comment:

  1. Victory! Nice job Knix, be gracious with yourself and maybe start these days with prayer for protection.

    ReplyDelete