4.28.2010

What a Kroc

We waited and waited to get a call back from CDA Athletic the gym both Will and I thought was a better fit for us. However, they thought differently and we never heard from them. So with no time left to spare (last night at 7:00pm) we officially became members of the Kroc Center (much like a YMCA). Lying in bed we discussed what an adventure this would be. Will brought up some interesting points such as the need for goggles (should get some), a swim cap (that would help), a swim suit (check). I knew somewhere buried in a drawer I had an old one piece so I dug. Oh boy did I ever have one. Interesting, no one talked to me at the gym...correlation??
I must say I do love the ability to hear the alarm go off and within 13 minutes I am jumping in the pool. But those 13 minutes had some eye opening moments. As we toured the facility on Sunday I tried to make it clear I would really only be using the pool and it would be between 5:30am and 6:30am. The very kind lady continued to assure me that is the best time to use their center. It is very "quiet" and "available”. Well at 5:42 when I pulled into the parking lot it was full! The pool packed. Oh silly sweet lady forgot to mention there is a swim team that works out there every morning! To the kiddy pool I went. It worked out great, though the pool is shorter. The lifeguard kept his eye on me and every time I looked up he was sorta giggling. I am still trying to figure out if it was the swimsuit, the lack of appropriate swimming gear, or just simply my inability to swim. I had myself convinced I probably looked pretty good…maybe not.
Two days in one run and swim down. I have a bike tonight and actually am looking forward to it. Now if the weather would cooperate.

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha I am laughging so hard right now! I can just picture you in an ill-fitting one piece circa 1998, featuring an oversized Stussy logo and a perma wedgie!! LOOKING GOOD :) Glad training is going well thus far!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete